This website, http://www.penny4nasa.org (the “Site”) is operated by Penny4NASA (“We” or “Us”). Penny4NASA is the operating name of the “Space Advocates,” a non-profit corporation legally incorporated in 2012. Space Advocates is not a 501c-3, and cannot offer tax deductions.
Your Personal Information
Penny4NASA will send you updates by e-mail. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from our email list, you may do so by sending us an Unsubscribe request, to take you off of the mailing list.
We do not share the information you’ve given us with unaffiliated groups without your explicit permission. We may share some of your personal information with the following affiliated groups:
– Affiliated Third Parties – for example, our database administrators – for the sole purpose of helping Us do our work. These groups do not share your personal information or use it for any purpose other than as instructed by Us. Third Party Administrators, such as organizations we engage to facilitate large distribution of messages. The content of these emails will be from Penny4NASA and these third parties do not have direct access to your personally identifiable information.
In addition, with your explicit permission, we pass along certain parts of your information to the following groups (as is standard practice):
– US leaders, news publications, and the general public when you sign petitions or complete surveys.
When you give Penny4NASA personal information, we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Penny4NASA cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Under circumstances where we determine that members may be misusing our systems for malicious purposes (for example, using the numbers we provide to make harassing phone calls), such activities may be reported to law enforcement agencies. In such cases, Penny4NASA may release personally identifiable information, including name and address, to those agencies.
Petitions and Surveys
For petitions and surveys you’ve signed or completed, we treat your name, city, state, and comments as public information—for example, we may provide compilations of petitions, with your comments, to US leaders or to the press. We will not make your street address publicly available, but we may transmit it to the designated leaders as part of a petition. This is a standard industry practice in such situations. In no such case will we disclose your email address or phone number, without your permission. We may also make your comments, along with your first name, city and state available to the press and public online. Penny4NASA is not responsible for the content or use of your email address by these US leaders or press.
If you choose to make a donation to Penny4NASA, your credit card information will be used only for this transaction through PayPal’s secure online payment system. Penny4NASA does not retain credit card information.
Penny4NASA does not solicit personally identifying information from children. Visitors who are under 13 years of age should ask their parent or legal guardian for assistance when using the Site and should not submit any personally identifying information to the Site. For example, visitors under 13 years of age should not make donations or use the Penny4NASA interactivity tools.
Some parts of the Site are password-protected. We will use a cookie (cookies reside on your computer and are under the control of your browser) to enable you to return to password-protected areas of the website without having to re-enter your password. If you wish to disable these cookies, the help portion of the tool bar on most browsers will tell you how do that. If you set your browser to disable cookies, however, you may not be able to access certain parts of this Site.
URLs contained in emails may contain an ID that enables us to correctly identify the person who takes an action using a web page. We use these URLs to simplify the process of signing petitions and filling out surveys. We may occasionally present a shortened URL that references a longer URL which contains an id—we do this to simplify the display, to prevent links from becoming broken when copied, and to ensure compatibility with email programs which do not handle long URLs. When a shortened URL is displayed in an email, you will see the full URL in the browser’s address bar when you access the page.
Links to Other Websites
Penny4NASA may revise or amend this policy at any time at our sole discretion. If we make any substantive changes in the way we collect or use personally identifying information provided by users, we will post a prominent announcement on our web site home page and post the changes on this page. We will never change our policies and practices to make them less protective of user information collected prior to the effective date of any changes without the consent of affected users. We encourage users to visit this page periodically to review our current policy.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, your personal information, or the practices of this Site, you can contact us by going to our Contact Us page and sending us an email or using our online messaging tool.
Email from Penny4NASA
Penny4NASA will send you updates on this and other important campaigns by email. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from our email list, you may do so by going to our Unsubscribe page and adding your name and email to the unsubscribe list.
Terms and conditions
Use of this site is provided by Penny4NASA subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
1) Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
2) Penny4NASA reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3) You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
4) This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to Penny4NASA are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will Penny4NASA be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
5) Penny4NASA does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
6) Copyright restrictions: Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorization from Penny4NASA. If you require further information about the use of content please contact us by going to our Contact Us page.
7) Penny4NASA takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet Sites.
8) Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
10) These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the United States of America.
11) If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
12) The views of contributors to this website are not necessarily the views of Penny4NASA.